Volunteers are the heart of our organization! Everyday volunteers in our office come together to help continue our mission to provide services for local cancer patients and their families. There are many different volunteer opportunities available with flexible options to meet your needs. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Front Desk Receptionist – Do you love helping others and always have a smile to share? You can help us greet patients, answer phones, help with new client intakes, make follow-up calls to patients and be a warm addition to our team.
- Data Entry/Administrative – Do you enjoy general office work? Our administrative volunteers help with entering donations, entering client data, general administrative tasks, writing thank you notes and sending notes to patients.
- Creative Projects: If you’re creative and love gathering with others you can assist with our Healing Arts Program. We have painting on canvas classes, journaling workshops and several new creative ideas coming soon!
- Education – If you like meeting new people and advocating for a great cause you can attend local community outreach and education events or third-party fundraisers and share information about Cancer Services with community members. This is a great way to meet new people while sharing our services with others.
- Special Events and Fundraisers- Every year in July we gather for Cancer Service’s Annual Golf Outing. It takes a lot of work and the help of volunteers to make our outing a successful fundraiser. If you like being outdoors and working with others we have plenty of options for helping with this event.
- Wig Boutique – The Wig Room is a special service that touches the hearts of many. If you enjoy making others feel beautiful and have a passion for creating joy you can assist with organization of the wig and mastectomy room, help clients with wig fittings, and with the inventory and sanitizing of items.
- Warehouse Helpers – Do you have some muscles and time to share? Our warehouse workers assist with organization of the warehouse, intake and disbursement of and donated items, sanitizing and cleaning of donated and returned equipment.
If you’re interested in any of the volunteer opportunities listed above please complete the complete and send us the Volunteer Application form. You can also 419-626-4548 or email CancerServicesPatients@gmail.com for more information.