Volunteers are the heart of our organization! Every day volunteers in our office come together to help continue our mission to provide services for local cancer patients and their families. There are many different volunteer opportunities available with flexible options to meet your needs. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Download: Volunteer Application Form
- Boutique– Providing a special caring touch and experience for wig fittings, prostheses, and accessories. Restocking as needed. Washing wigs and any returned/donated items for the Boutique. Cleaning, sanitizing, and vacuuming as needed.
- Front Desk – Help answer incoming phone calls, prepare supply orders for pick-up, help with administrative tasks, write acknowledgment cards, and more.
- General Office– Assembling Welcome Bags, folding brochures, water plants, shredding, vacuuming, maintaining a clean office environment/waiting room, and any misc. duties.
- Driver – Drivers are needed to assist clients with appointments and/or delivery of supplies. Travel Logs are turned in at the end of each month. Pick-up and drop-off schedules will be made between the Volunteer and the Patient Services Coordinator. Delivered items will be gathered previous to pick up. Additional documents and background checks will be needed with the application.
- Warehouse-Taking donations and returned medical equipment. Cleaning and sanitizing equipment. Organize and restock medical supplies.
- Ground Keeping/Building Maintenance – We need individuals to help maintain the building. Tasks range from landscape, mowing, cleaning, and light repair work. Volunteers are welcomed on a one-time basis or an hour or two at a time.
- Special Events– Attend community events and represent Cancer Support Community by engaging with attendees and passing out promotional materials. Make program reminder phone calls and more.
- Talents/Hobbies – We are looking for volunteers who would like to share their talent. Do you have a craft, hobby, or skill you would like to share with our team?
If you’re interested in any of the volunteer opportunities listed above, please complete and send us the volunteer application. You can also 419-626-4548 or email CancerServicesPatients@gmail.com for more information.